How to Apply
Application to a program in the Faculty of Fine Arts is a two-step process.
1. Apply to York University
If you are currently enrolled full-time in an Ontario secondary school, contact your guidance office to apply for admission to York University.
International applicants are also encouraged to visit York University's website for international students.
2. Complete a Supplementary Evaluation
In addition to applying for admission to York through the Ontario Universities Application Centre or York University’s Application System, applicants to the following programs in the Faculty of Fine Arts must complete a supplementary evaluation:
- Dance (Dance in Society, History, World Dance) (BA)
- Dance (Choreography, Performance, Technique) (BFA)
- Film Production (BFA)
- Film Screenwriting (BFA)
- Visual Arts (Studio Art) BFA
If you are applying to more than one of these programs, you must submit a separate supplementary evaluation for each.
The following programs do not require a supplementary evaluation:
Come and Meet Us
- If you haven't already, book a tour of our facilities
- Check out our public events and performances taking place throughout the season
- Meet us at York University's Spring Open House on April 5, 2014
Apply for Scholarships
York University and the Faculty of Fine Arts offer an array of scholarships for incoming students. In addition to 15 Fine Arts Talent Awards of $1000, scholarships are available based on academic performance or by application. For more information, visit York University's Admissions website.
Wondering what you can do with a degree in Fine Arts? Find out more about your career options.